The quickest way to test for radon is with Air-Chek short term radon test kits.Sorry, not for sale in New Jersey.
A short term radon test kit remains in your home for three to seven days. Radon levels tend to vary from day to day and season to season, a short term radon gas test is less likely than a long term radon test to tell you your year-round average radon level. If you need results quickly, however, a short term radon test kit followed by a second short term test can be used to decide whether or not your home or office has a radon gas problem.
These short term radon tests use a container that contains a quantity of granular activated charcoal. The charcoal absorbs the radon gas entering the canister from the surrounding air. At the end of the radon gas test period, the canister is sealed and sent to the laboratory in the pre-paid mailer for analysis. Analysis is included in the price.
Note: If buying/selling a home, the EPA generally recommends taking two short term radon tests at the same time/ place to measure radon, taking the average of the two.The Air-Chek Short Term Radon Test kit has the following features:
• Highly proven — over 2.0 million sold since it's development.
• Very easy and simple to use.
• 3 to 7 day test (your choice)
• Meets EPA radon proficiency program requirements.
• Laboratory analysis fees are included in purchase price. (no hidden fees)
• Fast lab turnaround, the kits are processed the same day they are received.
• Pre-paid return mailer included.
• Complete home radon test report by fax, mail, or emailSorry, no radon test can be sold to customers in the state of New Jersey.